Labor Day our Worker's Holiday

Labor Day our Worker's Holiday
September 1, 2014

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Sight I Had Never Seen Before


I am not an early riser and usually miss all the exciting and beautiful things that happen around sunrise, but this morning around 9 am I was driving into Russell and saw the most spectacular thing I had seen in many years.  Even some of my zoo trips in the past had nothing as beautiful as this.  At least 50 (could have been more) Pelicans were nesting and swimming around near the twin bridges just east of Chariton.  I never realized these birds were so big.  If you want to see a better description and more pictures of these marvelous birds, visit Frank's site  www.lucascountyan.blogspot.com  .  His article is very interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment